What data do we collect?
The personal data ("Data") we collect is likely to include:
- Your IP address
- Cookie IDs
Sensitive personal data reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning sex life or sexual orientation. We do not intentionally collect any sensitive personal data from you through the Website.
How do we collect your Data?
How will we use your Data?
We use the data we collect to:
- To store and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our Website.
- For complying with applicable laws.
What is our legal basis for processing your Data?
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your Data to ensure that your interactions with our Website or service are optimal. For example, if you encounter bugs or crashes on the Website, we may use your personal information to "debug" the instance, in order to prevent future failures.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Who will we share your Data with?
- Your personal details may be shared with third party organisations we have contracted to provide services to us which include processing Data. For example, we use Cloudflare to ensure uninterrupted service of the website. Only companies who can provide adequate safeguards will be used to ensure your Data is stored and handled securely.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies' lawful requests for information. We may also have to release information because of a legal requirement on us or pursuant to a court order.
- We may share any information with our other affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; to prevent abuse of the Website; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services.
How do we store your Data and will your Data be sent overseas?
As you are probably aware, services on the internet are accessible globally so collection and transmission of personal data is not always confined to one country. By using this Website or any website we link through to, your Data may be processed in or transferred to other countries and you agree to your Data being transferred or processed in this way. The Data collected directly from you through the Website, shall be stored in the US.
How long do we keep your Data for?
We will keep your Data only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected. Local data retention policies and applicable privacy laws will typically dictate the length of time Data is retained. Your personal data will be retained in compliance with privacy laws and regulations.
What are your data protection rights?
- Right to confirmation and access: you have the right to request a copy of the Data that we hold about you.
- Right to correction and erasure: you have a right to correct Data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete, and you have a right to request the erasure of personal data.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to have the Data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to withdraw your consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to be forgotten: you have the right to prevent the continued disclosure of your Data.
The above rights are not absolute and certain exemptions will apply.
How to contact us
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: Hari Gopal
E-mail ID: [email protected]
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the Data collected through the Website secure. However, we cannot ensure the security of any Data you transmit on the Website or guarantee that Data on the Website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Privacy policies of other websites
What are cookies?
A cookie (also known as browser cookie) is a small piece of data (essentially text files) sent from a website and stored on your browser. Cookies allow websites to remember information, such as recognizing you even when you reload web pages.
When you visit our Website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. You can learn more about cookies at this website.
We collect a number of cookies from our users for various reasons, including serving you content tailored to your own specifications for improving your overall experience of the Website. Amongst other things, the cookies we use allow users submit forms on the Website.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use different kinds of cookies on our Website as follows:
- Strictly necessary
- Pupilfirst cookies: These are cookies directly managed by our Website and are used for critical functionality like allowing you to submit forms.
- Cloudflare cookies: Cloudflare is a third-party service we use to improve Website security and performance. You can learn more about how Cloudflare uses these cookies in this article.
- Google Analytics cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Website for you.
- Strictly necessary
How to manage your cookies
You can use this link, or the Manage Cookies link at the bottom of every page our Website to control which cookies we use. Strictly necessary cookies will always be enabled, whereas optional cookies can be disabled using this dialog. You can also set your browser not to accept cookies, and this website will instruct you on how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our Website features may be severely degraded as a result.